Balls made from cow dung are called gobbemmalu. It is very famous in andhra and telangana. These are decorated on the muggulu/rangoli which are designed to invite prosperity and bliss into the house. Gobbemmalu are decorated with Pasupu (turmeric powder), Kumkuma (red vermilion powder) , rice flour and with several flowers.
Once gobbemmalu are ready will make pooja and offer some prasadam to it. After that will put these gobbemmalu in the rongoli. These are makes in sankranthi festival especially. Please check the below video which is done by my mother in law to know how to prepare these gobbemmalu on sankrathi days.
In adition to these we also have several devotional craft videos for festivals like – Ganesh Chaturthi, Sravanamasam, Karthika Masam, etc.. Some of them are –
- Homemade Vibhuthi Making
- How to make Gobbemmalu in Sankranthi
- Lotus seat of Vara Lakshmi Devi
- Saree drapping of Lakshmi Devi
- Making of eco – friendly Clay Ganesh
- Making of Bala Ganesh
- Cutting & Stitching of a dress for Lakshmi devi
- Vara Lakshmi Devi Face Making with Clay and Coconut
- Hands and Legs making for Vara Lakshmi devi
- Making of Vara Lakshmi Devi face using turmeric
Please comment your suggessions on our work. Thank you guys 🙂